Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Smile a Day

Everyday, Riley makes me smile.
I know I've read time and time again how people who own dogs tend to be in better health. Dog owners have better blood pressure and tend to exercise more regularly.
Riley doesn't ahve to do anything in particular. He doesn't have to get me anything or say thing to me. It isn't anything I have to go out of my way to do. I don't ever have to ask him to make me feel better. It just happens.
Everyday.
I don't have to think about it. Him just being him makes me smile. This sounds so terribly cliche, but I feel so lucky to have a Bernerbuddy. He looks at you and those soulful eyes melt your heart; his mouth eases into a happy grin;and you know his heart beats with genuine loyalty.
Research says that smiling releases endorphins. I wonder if that's why dogs are always so happy. They are always smiling and therefore always releasing endorphins which probably makes them smile more.
I am thankful to be able to smile everyday. No matter what kind of day I have.
Thank you Bernerbuddy. You're my sweet boy.

No comments: