Monday, March 19, 2007

And the Truth Shall Set You Free

So I didn't say much about the pet food recall a few days ago, due primarily to a lack of information. I held my tongue, I kept to the facts.
But NOW I cannot resist making my comments. The pet food industry has just been caught, unfortunately at the expense of our dear animals, using cheap fillers in their pet food. They should ALL feel ashamed of themselves. They keep trying to find cheaper and cheaper ways to make a buck, at the expense of our babies. In a way, I point my finger at pet owners as well. They are ultimately the primary caretakers (aka parents) of their pets. An analogy would be the parent who sues a fast food chain for causing their child's life-threatening obesity or high blood pressure. Our pets are soley dependent upon us to provide them the best possible care for them. We are the ones who should be responsible consumers. We should be caring about what our babies are eating. We should be reading labels and making their nutrition a priority. Wouldn't you do that for your human child? Why not for the living being that thinks (and always will thing) you are the best person in the whole wide world? Why not for your babies that will love and adore you to their last breath. Isn't this the least you can do for them?
Don't feed them this garbage!

What's in Pet Food?

Ok...and now I'm off my soapbox.

No comments: