Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Set backs

We're back to square one. Prior to the weekend, Riley was showing some improvement in the stability of his knee. His gait was smoother, there was no noticeable limp. Unfortunately, the weekend in NH may have been too exciting for him and he over did it. I had my worries at the campground as I tried to keep the dogs calm and quiet. But my suspicions were confirmed when we arrived home. He balked at the front stairs. He has been doing these stairs all along and this time he knew his knee would not not support him.

In the past two days, I fear more damage has been done to his knee. He balks going down the stairs and he has an exaggerated limp. We are starting over. Two weeks of careful rest and care are down the drain. 8 weeks of rest, here we go again. My goal is to finish the 8 weeks of rest and begin 8 weeks of increased activity in time for Riley to enjoy the snow. I wouldn't want him to not be able to enjoy playing in the snow.

No comments: