Saturday, October 07, 2006

Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble...

I usually try to title my post with the main theme of my entries. I don't really have a main theme today. Just lots of thoughts. So as I sit down to type, all I hear is the sound of Sabrina playing with a plush turkey toy that I just picked up for her today. She has been carrying it around the house ever since I brought it home 30 minutes ago. When she bites into the turkey, it of course, gobbles. Very cute.

Riley update this week. No mental wellness walks Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, only potty breaks. By Thursday not only was he going bonkers but I couldn't take it anymore. So he got a 15 minute very low key walk with Sabrina in the morning. Friday morning, same thing. We go up to Stonehurst just as the sun is rising so it is very quiet and there isn't anyone around. Riley is thrilled to be able to roll around on his back in the long grass. Whenever he does that, I think I can actually see the mental wellness atoms increase in his spirit. Friday night he actually sneaks up the stairs without me even knowing! So this morning I decide to take him Beaverbrook for a walk. We go at 8am and I dont' expect that many peopel to be up on a Saturday morning of a 3 day weekend. Boy was I wrong. Riley got a 30 minute walk and came home with a bad limp again. Too much too soon. Back to rest again.

Other interesting things I read in the pets! free newsletter. Cesar Millan in on the front page. I read the article. Here's a quote:"Most dog problems come from two things, lack of exercise and lack of leadership." Isn't that so true. At least there's a really good reason why I'm killing myself getting up at 5am every morning in order to have time to organize my house, exercise, and feed my dogs. And then there's that catch phrase Cesar always uses, "calm and assertive energy." Yeah, I need a little of more of that in all areas of my life.

No comments: