Thursday, October 26, 2006

Into Day 2

Riley slept through last night like a baby. So did I, thankfully. During his morning potty break he was already too exuberant for my liking. I feel very bad, scolding him when he's already gone through so much. Tough love, I guess.
His leg already looks better today. At least I think it really is and not just wishful thinking. I think the swelling in his ankle has actually gone down enough for me to make out the bony parts. It doesn't feel as hot to the touch either. The stitches still look okay. 17 in all. I was able to count them this morning. Unfortunately that hotspot still has him bothered. Hopefully I can find something today that will clean it up.
Sabrina has been a very sweet girl to her big brother. I had the two of them lying on the rug in the kitchen this morning getting belly rubs. She slowly inched her nose over to Riley's paw and licked it ever so gently. It was a very cute gesture from a 5 month old.

No comments: