Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Shipment is Coming!

I've mentioned HARE TODAY in a previous posting. I have to rave about them some more. Their bones are just the best!

We have been running dangerously low on raw meats in this house. My big freezer down in the basement is actually EMPTY! Can you believe that?! I have been able to grab some pre-ground BRAVO stuff from the pet store every week but we are desperate for some raw meaty bones.

I gave in and bought some beef ribs at SHAWS supermarket the other day. It's grain fed beef but there are worst things I could feed them. I let Riley and Sabrina have a big bowl of 8 ribs and let them go to town. It was really just a recreational activity more than a meal. The kitties, Mei Mei and Ming, even wanted in on the ribs. Ming was brave enough to grab a rib and drag it away. Everyone got a good teeth cleaning at least.

I recently joined a co-op for ordering Hare-Today products. We will be ordering every couple of months together. With a $1000 order together, we get free shipping. So I put in an order for those yummy beef bones, mutton bones, and a few new things I wanted to try-like chicken feet, fertile egg cubes, tripe, and dried liver. Since my two don't do so well on poultry or pork, it kinda limits what I can order for them. Too bad. The goat and the pork last time looked great but gave both Riley and Sabrina some bad gas. Oye.

Can't wait til our shipment comes. It will be a great feast!

No comments: