Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Favorite Dog Treat

We braved the rain of the NorEaster yesterday to go see the Holistic Vet.

Riley and Sabrina were both due for a checkup. Riley received a wonderful compliment for being in great shape. The vet just suspected a little mild tummy trouble (probably from our big beef meal the other day) and said his left knee will continue to be a chronic issue. I have already e-mailed HARE TODAY to figure out what was in the beef trim. If there were pieces of organ meat, then that will explain the hershey squirts. Organ is very rich and difficult for a sensitive stomach to handle.

Sabrina's recent gassiness apparently was due to some digestive issues as well. She is on a stricter meal plan now and we hope the gassies will subside. Good thing. It's soooooo unlady-like. :P

On our way out, I glanced at the snack shelf and spotted something new. Dried sweet potato treats. I opened up the bag and took a whiff-YUMMY! They smelled good enough to eat and I'm sure I could have. The packaging said, "Tested on Humans." Haha.


Snook's Treats

These treats are the BOMB! Finally something healthy I can give my dogs that doesn't disappear in 0 seconds, that isn't a large messy bone, isn't filled of junk, and they totally love. Any of you out there that feed those disgusting pig ears - THROW THEM OUT AND GET THESE! They are very hard and crunchy and my dogs LOVE them.

I really want to try THESE OUT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look terrific, but I would be afraid Sam would eat the rope, too.