Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So Far So Good

Dr. Trout called me in the early afternoon today. It was such a relief to hear his voice and confirm that Riley was already out of surgery and recovering. The best news is that the meniscus cartilage was not damaged so I can anticipate Riley's recovery to be very similar to his last one. Tonight he stays at the hospital where he continues to come off the anesthesia. He got an epidural that lasts 18 hours! On top of that, he gets pain killers. Tomorrow morning, Dr. Trout will check up on him and call me to let me know how he looks. By the end of the work day tomorrow, I get to go bring my baby boy home.
I had a quick pep talk with Riley this morning. I told him he was going to go to sleep and wake up with a bad boo boo on his leg but that I would be there to make him feel better. And that I would be right there to help him feel better for the next few weeks. And that soon he would be feeling great and his leg would be all better to run and roll in the snow. I told him what a good boy he is and gave him lots of hugs and kisses. No tears this time. I know he will be OK.

No comments: