Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jungle Greens

As our family gravitates toward a more organic, natural, and wholesome healthy lifestyle, we have brought our pets along on the journey. In actuality, I had my pets on a far healthier diet before I started myself. And I *still* love a good processed McD's meal every now and then (yum). Jeffrey, however, is now the poster child/man of organic, natural living.

Yesterday a package arrived on our front steps from the GREENS company. I figured it was another order of wheatgrass powder and green bars and left it for him to open. This morning I discovered a jar of Jungle Greens+ on the counter, a superfood for pets. What are they you wonder? Just little power-packed wafers of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, and antioxidants. There are no genetically modified, engineered, or altered foods in the ingredients. Plus no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, which is hard to come by in pet food treats these days. Reading the ingredients list, it all sounds pretty good for Riley. The only suspicion I have is that they suggest this product for birds, cats, dogs, and even horses! Four very different species with very different nutritional needs and very different digestive systems. I'm befuddled by this realization but will ignore it. The ingredients look fine for Riley. I won't blame the cats if they don't take a liking to a circular, hard wafer that smells like barley grass, wheat grass, alfalfa, or spirulina.

Lucky dog.

No comments: