Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A little time together

These past few weeks I have been training like a maniac for an upcoming Chinese New Year Lion and Dragon Dance performance with my troupe. I have been going to work, then going to my second job, and then driving into Chinatown 3-4 evenings out of the week and practicing on weekends too. Needless to say, time with Riley has shruken down to nil-none. He wakes up with me every morning, keeping me company, watching me. I think he knows I wake up every morning, sore from head to toe. We have a little breakfast together and I usually take him out for a quick bathroom break and then that's it for him for the day. He won't get out again until Jeffrey comes home. No trip to the park. And there's no complaining from him. He is still just so happy to see us...*every* time. Before this intense training began, I still worked until 6pm, way past our early 4pm sunsets. But I would take him to the park to meet up with some people to walk. We would all have lights on our dogs and we could do a quick walk together in the dark. At least he got 10-15 minutes to stretch his legs off leash. Well, these days, we break for the weekends.
So this morning, I have gotten up an hour early. I didn't have to practice last night and I got a good night of rest. I will need to save up energy for two big performances this weekend. So with my extra energy and extra time, I will take Riley to the park for a 15 minutes romp. That's the least I can do for my (hee hee, Riley is nuzzling my arm...he MUST know.....) patient, loving, and loyal friend. Let's go already!!!

No comments: