Monday, February 13, 2006

"We're going for the Big One"

"The big what?" I ask.
My husband responds by pointing in the distance, to the west.
"Over there?"
"Yeah, bring the camera."

About a half hour ago, my husband got dressed up in his snow pants, vest, hat, and gloves and headed out to play in the snow with Riley. The sidewalks have been plowed leaving heaps of snow on the side of the road, alongside the CVS parking lot that is across the street. I opened the front door to watch them run through knee deep snow towards a 10 foot high heap of snow that the snow plows left behind. Probably all the snow from the parking lot is heaped up here. I watch as they climb it together. They then spend another 10 minutes sitting on top of their snow pile, enjoying each other's company. I can't help but to laugh. Then I go back to watching my Netflix DVDs.

A few minutes later I hear them come up the front stairs and that's when Jeffrey announces to me that they are going for the "big one." He is referring to the 20+ feet pile of snow at the opposite end of the Hannafords supermarket.

"Okay," I say, leerily, "have fun, but I'm not coming with the camera. It's too cold."

10 minutes later, I glance out the window and spot them just as they are ascending "the big one." I laugh again aloud. My husband is sitting on a snow pile in the Hannaford supermarket. Gotta love that.

Upon their return I get, "You didn't come take a picture."
"It's freezing out!"
"It was awesome. The moon's out. I was sitting out there on a throne. Tomorrow morning, you're gonna come out there with us and take a picture."
"Okay, Hun."

p.s. I'm sure the picture will look something like that one I took from the Blizzard of 2003. You know, the one of Jeffrey and Riley on top of a big pile of snow.

No comments: