Monday, February 13, 2006

Blizzard of 2006


And so it was officially declared a blizzard. No school today. Beverly reportedly got 18+ inches up there. I'm sure the side roads weren't clear enough for the school buses.

Riley and I took an early walk at Beaverbrook. Although the parking lot was plowed and the paths cleared, the snow had not yet been touched. Riley was the first dog to break the snow! Winter's just not winter without a thick blanket of snow every once in awhile.

I remember three years ago...the first year we moved into our new house. That first December of 2003 we were hit with a mighty blizzard. Jeffrey, Riley, and I went out to play in the piles of snow behind our house. This was Riley's first winter and what a joy it was to watch him play. The snow drifts were more than waist deep and we felt like kids again. I was able to take a few photographs of these moments. I'm so glad I did. They bring back great memories.

No comments: