Monday, February 19, 2007

The Talented Mr. Riley

I finally made it out to the park with the furkids. Armed with long underwear, wind breaker, snow pants, parka, ski mask, and double ski gloves, I have to say, I was well outfitted for the weather. There were only a handfull of other dogs and owners there, most of which were wearing jeans. JEANS! C'mon! Even sweats would have been warmer than jeans?! What are people thinking?

My Riley was so very happy that I've allowed him to romp off leash today. I've been restricting him to the flexi-leash to avoid any slipping accidents as well as excessive swelling brought on by the active snow play. He's been pissed at me. And yesterday he dragged me nearly across the entire frozen field to see his favorite Auntie Dory.

So there was lots of rolling and rubbing and what I call the snow shimmy-shimmy today. In addition, there was lots of ice/snow eating. I was quite surprised to see that Riley can eat snow anywhere, anytime, even if he's got a leg up in the air peeing on a tree, he can still reach down to snatch a couple mouthfuls of snow! Now you may not call that talent, but I was impressed!

No comments: