Saturday, January 20, 2007

TPLO X-rays

Last week Riley's 11th week, post TPLO x-rays didn't come out as I hoped. First of all, they couldn't get both views sans sedation. So he had to take a tranquilizer. Well, I tried, and gosh that Kind Vet tried too. I can only thank them for trying. So the new surgeon at Kind Vet's showed me the gap in Riley's x-ray. The bone that they cut has not fused yet. I am discouraged. I will have to bring the x-rays to Dr. Trout at Angell to look at. Only he knows what Riley's x-ray looked pre surgery and immediately following surgery. Maybe he will have different thoughts.
Clinically, Riley looks great. He only has very slight favoring of that leg, but uses it very well to run, jump, and pee! As long as my Bernerboy is able to run off leash and enjoy being a dog, that's all I'd ever want for him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful every time I look at Molly for the surgeries she had at Tufts four years ago. She may not be a carting star, but she is having a happy and comfortable life. It's such a relief, isn't it? I'm glad he's feeling better

alegna said...

I didn't know Molly had any surgeries. And how old is she?