Sunday, January 14, 2007

Alternative Medicine going mainstream

I picked up a recent issue of "pets!" magazine while at the vet's office the other day. Here's the online version:

Jan/feb issue of pets!

I have started to really like this publication. The past few issues I've picked up, they have included great articles about a variety of pet issues. I love that there is a FREE pet magazine that presents a variety of viewpoints, not just the scare tactics that we typically get shoved down our throats. They publish some really nice articles. In particular, in this recent issue, they featured part one of a three-part series on holistic medicine. Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I read the article with a big smile on my face. In the article, Dr. Anne Crawshaw is mentioned. She is a chiropractor who treats humans and animals at her practice "The Road to Health" in Framingham. She was also the first non-conventional practitioner I ever brought Riley to when he was a puppy. At that time in Riley's life, he was a mess with allergies and we had been up every single night with diarrhea issues for OVER A MONTH. We were at our wits end. Someone referred us to Anne Crawshaw, whom at that time hadn't set up this practice in Framingham yet. We went to see her at her home office and after the first treatment, Riley began to turn around. And within three visits, the whole ordeal seemed to be completely behind us. Besides this first visit, we have been back when Riley sprained his shoulder and again, he was back to normal within a couple of weeks of adjustments. I was very pleased to see that she was featured in this article.

In addition, Dr. Jeff Feinman was also mentioned in the article. Dr. Feinman is the president of the Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy in Weston, CT. He has been highly recommended to me by several others on my Yahoo list. I have considered going to him before deciding on the holistic veterinarian: distance being the deciding factor. Rhode Island was more doable than CT, although I hear that Dr. Feinman will do phone consults. Conneticut would still be too far of a drive for the initial visit. Plus, I really like to be able to meet face to face for consultations.

Here is the link to the article itself. Please take a moment to read it. Food for thought!
Part 1 of 3

No comments: