Friday, January 12, 2007

Poor babies

The furkids had a pretty rough day yesterday.
Sabrina and Riley both had to spend the day at the vet's. At least they were in the hands of Kind Vets. This vet bent over backwards to try and accomodate my special requests but things didn't work out as I had hoped. Riley ended up needing a tranquilizer for the second x-ray and they kept him all day. An entire day of being kenneled in a place where all you can hear is animals in distress. I am still glad I opted to bring both dogs to the Kind Vets. The kind of treatment we get is not comparable to our previous vet experiences.

When I went to go pick Riley up at 3:30, he looked shell-shocked. He was so exhausted he could barely move and collapsed into a heap on the couch when we got home. His eyes shut in 2 minutes. I thought to myself how horrible it would be if I was confined to a room where all I hear were people crying and moaning for 7 hours. At least I could rationalized that it would all be over soon. But Riley had no idea how long he would have to endure this or if it would even ever end. Plus, I'm sure he had to listen to hours of his baby sister's frantic barking and whining when she was first kenneled, and then her whimpering/crying when she came out of surgery. Poor Bernerboy.

Baby Sabrina had her spay surgery in the am and spent the rest of the day coming out of anesthesia. She was still pretty out of it when I picked her up at 5:15. I don't think she was really even out of the anesthesia by the time I put her to bed at 10:30. She couldn't walk much and even if I set her down on the bed, she would just stand there, as if confused and unable to lie down. I had to help her lay down, and I got a few whimpers too. I alternated homeopathic remedies Arnica and Bellis Perennis for the pain and bruising. This morning she seems much better. More like herself, just with a little sore boo-boo. That's as is expected. Good appetite for buffalo this morning. Another good sign. I feel safe to leave her and go to work. Hope she gets lots of rest today. No running or jumping for 2 weeks. Wow. We'll see...

No comments: