Friday, December 22, 2006

Pre-Holiday Planning

We are heading up to the Moosehead Lake Hideaway for the holiday. I am planning on cooking a couple of yummy new dishes as well as try my hand at baking some sweet goodies. I've always loved cooking. Well, I should really say, I love cooking when I want to and when and only when I am in a good mood. And I've never baked anything that wasn't out of a box or tube. This X-mas, I am happy, thankful, and look forward to spending time cozied up in a cabin with my husband and furkids. This will be Sabrina's first stay away from home (besides in a tent). I am a bit nervous about how she will do if we need to leave the two of them in the cabin for a period of time. Thank goodness we have big brother Riley to keep her calm. I cannot imagine what it would be like if we had just the one Flattie, how do they stay calm with out a Berner Brother around?
So besides planning our entrees, I need to plan ahead what the furkids will eat. So far, I think I will bring 2 large Buffalo marrow bones, 6 lbs of lamb, 6 lbs of beef, and maybe 2 lbs of salmon. Plus I'll bring a few cans of Merrick, maybe Rocky Mountain Rainbows and Wild Buffalo Grill. They like those. And lots and lots of treats. Since I haven't had much time to train Sabrina, only during our brief morning walks, I plan to do more obedience training during this break. She still needs some work on down and stay. She's smart girl, just VERY ADD. Maybe she's more ADHD. Can't wait!

No comments: