Monday, December 04, 2006

Our dog ate our WHAT?!

Jeffrey got home before me today. At 3:30pm, I got a call from him. I cringed in the seat of my car. I assumed he was calling to tell me what Sabrina did in the house...what she tore up...perhaps it was something of mine....or something important to him. So far she hasn't destroyed anything of any importance. It's usually just a bunch of newspaper shredded, any miscellaneous clothing is dragged out, and her toys all strewed about. But each day, I brace myself to find the worst. Today, however, was no typical day.

Today she knocked over our trash bin.
Oh, and she helped herself to the contents inside. What was inside you ask?

Our Wedding Cake.

Yup. I just took our wedding cake top out of the freezer this weekend cuz I decided it was taking up too much room and there was no way it would be good. Who thought of this silly tradition anyways? To eat a cake that has been frozen for a year?! Yuck. So I threw it out. Well, Sabrina ate it-ALL. It was a pretty good sized cake. About 6 inches by 8 inches and about 6 inches thick. A big serving, especially for a little puppy.

Jeffrey said he reamed out the both of them. He thinks Riley should have known better and stopped her. Yah, right!

Well, needless to say, Sabrina's not feeling too well tonight. By the time I got home around 6pm, she had already lost the contents of her lil tummy, 5 times. She was restricted to Riley's pen and she wasn't even crying.

"Yeah, She's not feeling too well," Jeffrey informed me. "Riley's really concerned about her."

After ensuring that she was done ralphing, I let her have some water and gave her a dose of homeopathic remedy, Nux Vomica. She is now resting peacefully. Riley seems to be feeling fine so he must have known she was doing something naughty and opted not to get involved. He is my good boy, isn't he?

I'm just glad everyone is feeling better and that the cake wasn't chocolate cake. So the lesson to be learned here?

DON'T EAT YEAR-OLD FROZEN WEDDING CAKE. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU. ASK SABRINA!

No comments: