Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Feasting

So my "Peking" duck wasn't so smashing. It was just a roast duck. At least it was edible. The rest of Thanksgiving was...let's just say, it was another memorable, non-traditional Thanksgiving. But then again, maybe our tradition is to just be non-traditional!
One tradition we do keep is feeding our furkids their own special Thanksgiving feast. The cats all got their own can of Thanksgiving Day Feast by Merrick. Riley and Sabrina each got their own 4.5 lb free range chicken. Riley finished off his in just 10 minutes. Sabrina put in a really good effort but only got about 2.5 pounds in. I wasn't sure if she would even shut herself off or if she would just gorge until she passed out or popped, whichever came first. But luckily she did have full gauge. It was pure crunching happiness in our home!

2 comments:

Proz_Nikey said...

Hi, been reading your site, saw it from orthodogs....I am curious, you have no problems feeding them raw meat like that? I have wanted to, and Prozack gets into the fridge so often, she is probably used to it, not to sure about Nikey (older rescued lab, sensitvie stomach)..can you tell me what/how you feed them? I would like to start them on a raw diet, but not sure how...

Nikey's blog is nikeys-tplo.blogspot.com

thanks,
brenda

alegna said...

Hi Brenda,
I really Nikey's blog! Another blog for me to check out regularly, yea!
Feeding raw is just one way to provide my dogs with a more natural and holistic lifestyle. It certainly is not for every dog, but I believe it has added greatly to the health and vitality of my dogs. For more information on raw feeding and how to switch your dog(s) over, I would firstly direct you to the yahoogroup: rawfedNE. They are a very knowledgeable group of people who welcome all sorts of people, opinions, and feeding styles. Secondly, I would be happy to e-mail you privately about more specific issues and share with you our personal experiences. So glad you found us!