Friday, June 22, 2007

Clean For A Moment or Two

Riley and Sabrina were sent to have a day of beauty yesterday. It was Sabrina's first spa treatment. I'm sure they both thought it was highly unnecessary. Apparently Sabrina had a panic attack when they took Riley out first to bath him and she was left in the kennel. Or perhaps she was upset that he got to play in the water first. In the end, they both received glowing report cards when I came to pick them up 3 hours later. Ears trimmed, coats soft and shiney, nails done, they were both ready to bust outta there.

Upon returning home, Riley made it a point to trot right over to the asphalt and perform some acrobatic flip/body slam move (as if to increase the dramatization) to the ground. And did a back shimmy shimmy roll, grinding that newly glossed coat of his into the everyday dirt of the world. I guess he didn't feel like Freesia was a good scent for him. I thought it was quite lovely.

Sabrina did not use such immediate dramatic actions to express her feelings towards me. She simply ran to the nearest body of water when we arrived at the park later that afternoon and laid right down in the rusty colored stream. No one, not one single person witnessed my little Sabrina all nice and clean. That was clearly her payback.

"Clean? Who me? My mom's crazy. We're dogs, we're not meant to be clean?!"

Well, they were both supposed to stay clean until they passed their therapy-dog certification tests on Sunday. Yeesh. What was I thinking...that's 3 whole days.

No comments: