Friday, June 22, 2007

8 Random Facts

Molly the Dog of the World played this fun game on her blog so we thought we'd play too. The first one is Riley's and the second, Sabrina's.

Eight Random Facts about Riley, in his own words:

1. I'm perfectly handsome, except for the fact that my tail apparently has a "kink" in it. This kink causes it to curl around like a question mark when I hold it up high over my back. Some people say it's a "fault." I think it's attitude.

2. I never used to let any men pet me. I would give them the evil eye and they would think I was some poor abused/rescued dog. But ever since my little sister came along, I've changed my ways. She seems to love everyone's pats and scratches and I realized I was missing out! Now I make it a point to go up to men and get patted. It only took 4 years.

3. I typically don't care for vegetables. I'm a canine for goodness sake! That means sharp, knashing, meat tearing teeth. But I do enjoy those delicious roasted brussell sprouts around that Turkey Day holiday.

4. I LUV to roll in stinky stuff. That includes goose poop, deer poop, dead things, you name it. Lovely times.

5. Whenever my little sister gets in trouble (and that's a lot), I try to apologize for her. The humans just melt over that stuff and forgive you right away. All it takes is a long face and a little pawing action and poof! they ooh and aw over you again.

6. Red meat is my favorite kind of meal. Beef or buffalo please!!

7. Last year after I hiked Cadillac Mountain for the second time in my life, my left knee gave out. I think I pushed myself too hard (or my humans put too much of their food crap in my hiking pack). Either way, I had to have knee surgery. But I am all healed up now!

8. I don't swim. Gimme the life jacket and I'm happy to get on the boat with you. In fact I've been on a motor boat, a canoe, and an inflatable raft before. But not without my life jacket, thank you very much!


Eight Random Facts about Sabrina, in her own words:

1. I love everyone. Yes! Yes! There's no one that doesn't like me right?!

2. I love those meowing cats in our house. We have three and I love to play with them. They make all sorts of funny noises and I love to sniff their butts!

3. I eat anything and everything. Throw it at me and I'll be your garbage disposal. That includes your apple cores, old veggies from the fridge, milk at the bottom of your cereal bowl, leftover cat food, whatever! I'm here to serve.

4. When I get a little anxious I chew on plastic. And usually the nearest plasticky thing is the remote control. I've gone through four of our own and I got one of Auntie Dory's too. Ooops, so sorry 'bout that.

5. I love love love to chase the ball. When there is ball, there is nothing else in the whole world that can distract me. Well, beside a nice puddle of muddy water that is. I am a very good retriever and can always find the balls that other irresponsible dogs leave behind at the park. Can you imagine leaving a ball in the park?! Unbelievable.

6. I still do lots of naughty things cuz they say I'm still a puppy. Haven't they realized yet that I am a Flat-Coated Retriever?! We are known to be the Peter Pan of dogs. We NEVER grow up! That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Sorry about the remotes, again.

7. I am my Dogfather's offical backpacking partner. Though I've only gone on two trips I think that's pretty good for being a puppy! I want to go on more. They are fun!

8. I make lots of really funny noises, out of both ends. Whenever I lay down or change positions, I have to groan. And I frequently pass a little Pssssss, out the other end. Tends to happen most when I'm going up and down stairs. Oh, and when I'm doing the doggy stretch-big time. Oh and sometimes when I'm just sitting down. Dunno why.


This was Fun! Thanks Molly for the idea. Wouldn't you like to play too?! Tell us 8 Random Facts about you!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Riley, I like to roll in those good things, too!
Sabrina, I used to chew up remote controls when I was younger. I always spat them out. If you need to chew them, don't forget the spitting out part.
Love,
Your friend,
Molly