Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Return to Echo Pines

July 29-August 5, 2006
This summer, we returned to the cabin in Acadia for a summer vacation. I have been trying to get these photos posted but I have been having difficultly uploading them to Blogger. Don't know what that's about. So all the photos are large, I couldn't seem to upload them at different sizes. Whatever.
Here is a picture of my gorgeous boy on the front lawn. I know I'm so biased, but how can you not agree he is the handsomest boy?!


The cabin is a one minute walk from Echo Lake and a 15 minute drive to Bar Harbor. We had a busy week biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, and eating of course!






Jeffrey, Riley, and I hiked Cadillac mountain one day. We started at Jordan Pond and it took us all day. It just about did Riley in. The weather was mild, in the 70s, but the humidity was rising. Neither Jeffrey nor I could feel the humidity much, but I'm sure Riley felt it. We were trying out his new Palisades Pack from Ruffwear.





Half way up the mountain, we had to remove Riley's pack and carry it ourselves. The pack separates from the harness easily, but the harness itself is made of very thick spandex-like material that made Riley very hot. I was quite disappointment about the new pack. The harness, however, served as a very useful tool when it came to scrambling up the rock faces. We encountered 3-4 foot rock faces on the way up and down. Riley needed all the help he could get getting up and down the slippery rock. When we finally descended the mountain near Bubble Pond, Riley laid down on the bank and almost seemed to hug the ground in relief. That night, Riley didn't seem himself. I think he may have just had an off day. We let him take it easy for the rest of the trip. Here he is resting in the shade of the woods. What a look on his face!

No comments: