Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mr. Mom

This coming weekend, I will be away for 4 days. Well, three and a half, but really almost four. To say that I'm not just a little bit worried about how Jeffrey will manage with all the furbabies would be a lie. I think maybe even a crash course in daily furbaby care may be in order. In actuality, as long as I return and we still have three kitties and one Berner, no more, no less, then I will be quite relieved. I know the kitty girls will not get their regular "healthy" meals but in fact everyone will be spoiled rotten on canned food all four days. Riley, who is on a limited diet: no chicken, no turkey, no rabbit, no duck, no a lot of things, but must have his daily supplements with smaller portions of food. I fear I may return to everyone having gained 5 pounds each! In an effort to simplify things, I may have to preportion and label everyone's meals for each day. *sigh* Nevermind the dialy brushing and litterbox maintenance either. I'm sure we'll all survive this weekend. Isn't this how it typically is with human families when the primary caregiver is away? Pizza everynight!

No comments: