Saturday, July 14, 2007

Some Special Time

Last weekend Sabrina started her new job as the Dogfather's hiking partner. They headed to the local Blue Hills and did a couple of miles each day. While they were away, Riley and I took advantage of the special opportunity to spend quality time together (something I'm sure will become few and far between especially when the lil non-fur-kid arrives). He was back to being my Momma's boy. We took a nice quiet walk together, went to the full service gas station where he got two milk bones, stopped by two different pet stores where he got yummy treats, got to eat an entire meal in peace at home, and had his very own frozen yogurt cup for dessert. He was spoiled rotten!

It is actually really nice to be able to appreciate Riley as an individual and enjoy him for just him. It's been too easy to address Riley and Sabrina as a unit lately. They go everywhere together, do everything together, and are always treated as a pair.

This weekend, Sabrina and the Dogfather are away for a three day backpacking trip. And it is a little lonely at home. BFF Agave is visiting for the day, but it's been me and Riley since Friday morning. I miss them terribly and I'm beginning to feel like Riley misses them too. I can't wait to hear about their 25 mile adventure when they return.

No comments: