Friday, October 19, 2007

Have You Seen Her?

My title reminds me of a song that came out when I was in middle school or high school....sometime in the 80s. (yes, I was a child of the 80s...and still am!)

(music cue) have you seen her.....doo doo doo, ooooh, have you seen her?

I can't remember who sang it though. I'm really bad at remembering this kind of stuff.

Anyways, back to the topic. A new member of the dog park has recently been overwhelmed by the number of people who ask him if he's seen Sabrina. When we arrived yesterday, we finally met him. As I walked the perimeter of the large grassy area of Beaverbrook, I saw a man at the other end waving at me. I could see a little black puppy at the end of his leash and I figured he must have thought I was someone else. But we was, in fact, waving to me. Sabrina was galloping her way across the field and he had spotted her, the infamous, one and only Flattie of the park. And he had been asked by countless dog owners, "Have you met Sabrina?" As I got closer, I realized that the little one at the end of his leash was a 12 week old Flattie! How delightful!

We met the lil guy, whose name is Bam and all those memories of Sabrina's puppyhood came back. I have not seen a Flattie puppy since Sabrina was little so this was such a treat. Plus, we did not adopt Sabrina until she was almost 13 weeks old so this lil guy was smaller than I remember Sabrina was when we brought her home. His coat is wavier than Sabrina's and his ears look like someone crimped them that morning. He absolutely loved Sabrina and she, in true Flattie style, lavished him in kisses. We now have a new Flattie friend at the park. I *do* feel bad that every other person who meets Bam asks the poor guy that same question. But when you're that famous, what can you do, right?

No comments: